- Order by 10:00 p.m. the day before delivery is desired for next day afternoon or evening delivery on Monday or Wednesday We also accept telephone orders (next day delivery only) at 202-544-5081.
- If this is your first order, click Start Shopping. Select a department to browse the aisles and search for items. Click on the plus sign(+) to expand the list on the left and see more selections, or search for any item by entering the description in “Find any product”.
Click “Buy” to add the item to your shopping cart. When you are finished shopping, select “Check Out” or “Review Order”.
On the check out page, enter a password (recommended) to access a list of previously ordered items for easier reordering. New customers can pay by credit card or cash. Existing customers can also pay by check.
- For customers who have ordered at least once before, please Log In to view your
Custom Order Form (list of previously ordered items). Log in with your email and the password that you chose when you first ordered. You can add as many new items as you like to your order after you log in. Use the “Show or Hide Items” box at the top to show which items are already selected, or use the “Clear All Quantities” button to clear all quantities.
Add items from your Custom List to the shopping cart by clicking “Buy”. You can also save items that you want to order by entering a quantity for any item that you want and “Save Changes” before going to the next page. When you have saved all items that you want, you can slect “Add All to Cart” to add all items at once.
To add new items to the cart, as well as your Custom List selct “Add New Items” from the top menu.
Select “Checkout” or “Review Order” when you have completed your order.
- The groceries will be delivered to your door, and to your kitchen counter, if desired. You must be at home to receive delivery, unless you or your building management provide a key, or unless you specify delivery to your porch or other designated spot.
Selection of Items
Urban Grocery shops at Wegmans. All items are hand selected by our shoppers. We select only the finest items available.
We deliver to Charles Town, Harpers Ferry, Shannondale & Kearneysville, WV.
Delivery Days and Times
Monday & Wednesday, 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. or 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Cost of Service
|Order Amount||Delivery Charge|
$350/year or $95/quarter
The minimum order is $70. There is a $5 small order fee surcharge for orders less than $70.
Snow and Severe Weather Policy: In case of snow or other severe weather, Urban Grocery may suspend any discount program and may charge a delivery surcharge per delivery or may suspend delivery all together.
Pay by cash or credit card for first time customers. Existing customers can pay by cash, check, or credit card. Customers paying by cash or check will receive a 2% discount on their grocery total, exclusive of the delivery charge. We do not charge your credit card until after the groceries are delivered. If a check is returned by the bank, that customer will be charged $25 in addition to the amount of the check.
Due to frequent price changes, for produce, meat, deli, fresh seafood, and frozen shrimp; for these items, we add 16.5% to the current store price. Your price for these categories will always be based on the current store price. That means that for produce, meat, deli, and seafood items, if the item is on sale, the Urban Grocery price will be calculated based on the sale price. For all other items, prices are as listed at www.urbangrocery.com. For credit card orders we do not charge your credit card until after the order is delivered.
We accept manufactuer’s coupons if they are presented in advance. You can give them to the driver on the previous order, or mail them to the Urban Grocery office.
Benefits of using Urban Grocery
- Order by telephone, fax, or the internet at www.urbangrocery.com .
- Pay by cash, check (existing customers only), or credit card.
- Friendly Personalized service by Neighborhood Associates
- You are helping our community. Urban Grocery donates time and money to help empower youth to remain abstinent from drugs, alcohol, tobacco, and sex before marriage through its support of Urban Life Training, a nonprofit tax exempt organization.
- Spend more time doing things that you really enjoy.
- Choose from over 20,000 products listings.
- Save money with weekly specials!
- Delivery right to your kitchen counter; no lugging, no hassle.
- We deliver only the freshest produce and meats plus quality grocery items, guaranteed.
- Save money by not impulse shopping.
- Save on automobile or other travel expense (no driving to the store).
- Shop anytime at www.urbangrocery.com
- Reorder easily using your own custom order form.
Tipping for exceptional service is appreciated, but is not required or expected.
Item Selection: If you do not see an item that you desire, we will be glad to get it if it is available at our supplier.
Substitution policy. Sometimes a product will be out of stock or will not be available at our store partner, Wegmans. In that case we need to know if you want us to find a similar item for you (recommended).
“Best Substitute” means we will find a similar product, taking into account product specifications. If for any reason you don’t like the substitute, you’re free to reject it at the the time of delivery at no cost to you.
“No Substitute” means that if your product is not available or out of stock you will not receive any product and you’ll be refunded for the item. You can specify your preference for each item as you add items to your shopping cart.
Return Policy: Satisfaction is guaranteed. If you are dissatisfied with the overall quality of the delivery service, Urban Grocery will refund the delivery charge. The reason that a refund is requested must be stated in writing, and the request must be made within 24 hours of delivery. If an item in your order is not of the quality you expected, or is missing, call us within 24 hours and we will credit it to your account or refund your money, whichever you prefer. Items must be returned before a credit or refund will be applied.
Returned Checks: If a check is returned by the bank, that customer will be charged $25 in addition to the amount of the check.
Redelivery: You can understand the time and cost of delivering your groceries not once but twice. If you are able to arrange a new time with the driver, there will be a $10 additional charge to re-deliver your order that same day/night. If we have to store your products overnight, there will be a $15 re-delivery fee.